[FFRK] Sins of the Father (Ultimate)
Ultimate Godo was probably the easiest Ultimate to date aside from Advantaliate cheesing Yunalesca. It is worth noting however that FFVII is by far the realm that I have the strongest synergy with. He was basically brute forced down.
Godo was beaten but not mastered on the first attempt because I ate a string of bad AoEs at the very end of the fight which killed Barret. I did master it using the same party configuration during another attempt. With the recent introduction of the orb exchange and shatter mechanics, it was very easy to hone Shadowsteel to R3. It was also a good thing that I did so because Sap only proc’d on the very last charge on all boss attempts. It is a shame that it did not proc sooner because sap does around 4k a tick. Party used:
|haracter||Ability 1||Ability 2||Record Materia|
|Cloud||Lifesiphon||Drain Strike||Ace Striker|
|Barret||Magic Breakdown||Full Break||Thief’s Code|
|Yuffie||Dismissal||Shadowsteel||Sky Pirate’s Pride|
|Red XIII||Power Breakdown||Armor Breakdown||Zeal|
|Aerith||Renewing Cure||Shellga||Planet Guardian|
Roaming Warrior: Sentinal’s Grimoire
Notable Soul Breaks: Blade Beam, Planet Protector
Notable Weapons: Organics, Gatling Gun, Silver Barrette, Aurora Rod
- Red XIII was used as a Black Mage for the other Bonus Battles and as a support bot for Godo. I had forgotten to remove him from the back row when setting this party up. Whoops. I think hairpins are melee? Well, go go synergy and Planet Protector for making up the damage loss.
- Shellga and Sentinal’s Grimoire were sufficient mitigation to keep everyone alive but just barely towards the end of the fight. Using Renewing Cure over Curaja did help a bit because the regen effect will cancel out the poison effect.
- Haste RM on 3/5 characters = poor man’s hasteaga I guess.
- Full Break and Armor Breakdown really softened him up. With Planet Protector, even back row melee Red XIII was hitting for around 8k or so a pop.
- Oh man, Lifesiphon is a fantastic ability if you have a 4*+ combat character with a good SB (preferably multi-hit non-elemental damage). Having Ace Striker and Lifesiphon on Cloud meant that I could use Blade Beam for 3×9999 damage every third turn.
Barret: Full Break
Red XIII: Sentinal’s Grimoire
Cloud: Lifesiphon until SB is charged, use Blade Beam, repeat. Drain Strike if low to alleviate healing duties.
Barret: Full Break, Magic Breakdown, Magic Breakdown, Full Break. Use Full Break roughly every 25% health
Yuffie: Spam Shadowsteel until Sap procs then spam Dismissal
Red XIII: Alternate between Power Breakdown and Armor Breakdown
Aerith: Try to cast Planet Protector when possible. Otherwise, heal bot.
Sentinal’s Grimoire was cast at the beginning of the fight and then half way through the fight. I also recast Shellga at approximately the half point as well. Drain Strike and Dismissal can be replaced with whatever you feel is more suitable as both are filler abilities. Overall, the real MVPs of this fight are: Realm synergy, orb exchanging, and Lifesiphon + SSB spam.