BlizzCon is but less than a day away! I was going to be in OC today to pick-up my badge and meet-up with people, but I had errands to run and stuff like that, so I’m heading over tomorrow morning. So, if you see a chick wearing a black fruit fucker t-shirt with a blue and gray messenger bag, it could quite possibly be me.
I bought a new messenger bag for the convention. I’ve been kind of looking for one that I can take traveling for the past couple of months, but just never really had a reason to buy one. Perfect excuse! I really like my canvas Fossil bag, but I needed one that closes securely, is larger and made of a material that I can throw around without it getting trashed.
I ended up getting a smallTimbuk2 classic messenger from REI . It was a little over what I really wanted to spend on a bag, but it’s well constructed, organized and suits my needs perfectly. This is what I plan to stuff into it in addition to normal items (wallet, cell, cosmetic case):
- The email barcode printout to pickup my badge
- Digital camera with extra memory cards
- A water bottle: I get thirsty and don’t want to have to buy drinks at the convention (I’ve heard that it’s expensive).
- Snacks: Same as above. I have little fruit/nut packets from Trader Joe’s that are the perfect size and moderately filling.
- Enough cash for parking and any miscellaneous fees that might not be chargeable
- A light jacket: I’ve also heard that the convention center is well air conditioned.
- Small notebook and pen: /shrug I always carry one around in my purse. Might come in handy for writing down contact info?
- Earplugs for the closing ceremony.
- iPod Touch for waiting in lines.
I wonder when the Proudmoore realm meet-up is scheduled…sadly I don’t have any minicards or any other form of ready-made contact information available >_<. Edit: Aww, apparently I am missing some pretty epic parties/meet-ups over at the hotels and surrounding areas in OC. Next time I’m going to stay over Thursday night.
Must get sleep. Not tired. Wide awake.