Final Fantasy Record Keeper: Light Against the Darkness Event Notes
A new FFRK event started that allows you to recruit two more characters: Dark Knight Cecil and Paladin Cecil. It’s similarly structured to the Shinra event but shorter and way easier. As of now, my party members (Cloud, Tidus, Sephiroth, Tyro, and Rydia) are in their low to mid 30’s and have breezed through the event. Don’t bother spending mythril to finish the event, there is plenty of time.
Spells and Needed Components:
The event is pretty easy to brute force but having at least Fira + Rydia just decimated everything.
- Fira: Lesser Fire and Lesser Black
- Cura: Lesser White and Lesser Holy
- Curaga: White Orb, Wind Orb, Holy Orb
Ideal Orb Farming Locations:
There are other places to farm the orbs other than what I have listed below but these are the locations that I have found to be most efficient. Also keep in mind that the Thursday Daily Dungeon is just around the corner.
- Abandoned Mineshaft (VI): Lesser Fire, Lesser Black (and Lesser Ice)
- Figaro Castle (VI): Lesser Holy (Lesser Lightning and Lesser Power)
- Mt. Kolts (VI): Lesser White, Lesser Black (Lesser Non-Elemental and Lesser Dark)
Bring Cure and Fire spells. All bosses except for the last two are weak to Fire. Equip Rydia with Fire spells for massive damage. Some of the bosses that were supposed to be weak to Holy weren’t?
- The second to last boss on Level 6 is technically weak to fire but will do an AoE status effect on your party if you cast it. Use Cura/ga on him to reach the target condition. I think there’s a typo in the game hint in-game.
- Some of the bosses (zombie dragon…) were supposed to be weak to Holy but weren’t when I had encountered them. I am unsure that was an English localization change or a bug /shrug
- My party members are in the low to mid 30’s and just breezed through the event and bosses.
Rydia’s FFIV record synergy + FFIV gear record synergy + black magic bonuses + massive fire weakness on most bosses = massive damage.