So I suppose I’m back from my unofficial posting hiatus. The new theme is a template, I’ll tinker with the layout replace the Drupal logo with something else later; I don’t have access to Photoshop or my WoW screenshots on my work machine. Also thinking that it’s probably time to update and/or prune off some of the articles in the guide section, since half of them seem to be out of date.
I think i’ve finally decided on a new build to go with: 0/49/12 -> 0/44/17. Dropping Reckoning and putting 5 more points into retribution. 3/3 Improved Seal of the Crusader and 2/2 Improved Retribution Aura. Reckoning rarely procs when I tank, to the point where it is more or less a waste of 5 talent points.
Patch 2.3 is going to revamp the ret tree: The current Improved Seal of the Crusader talent will be added to the spell’s base ability. The new Improved SotC talent will give the same effects as Sanctified Crusader (increases critical strike chance of all attacks against the target by 1%/2%/3%).
Mana cost for Exorcism, Holy Wrath, and Hammer of Wrath is being lowered. The duration of Vengeance (the ret talent) is being upped to 30 seconds. Crusader strike cooldown will be lowered to 6. The increased cooldown blew not only because it lowered DPS, but because it screwed the Judgement refresh timing a bit if it missed (I leveled as a retnub on the BC beta realms).
Some time in the future, all gear will receive an additional spell damage bonus of about 1/3 +heal. So 1500 +heal will translate to +500. This was announced at BlizzCon, I don’t know if it’s for 2.3 or the expansion pack. Regardless, zomg? Supposedly, 2.3 is going be on the PTRs first week of October. I am assuming that they are aiming for a late October release, so that the holiday event stuff can be on the live realms in time for Halloween.
Unfortunately I don’t have links for the following blue posts. All were pulled from the WoW class forums. The same quotations are floating around on various WoW sites, shouldn’t be that hard to find.
- “Q: ETA on when zul’aman will hit ptr for testing? A: hopefully, first week of october.”
- “We’re pretty much focused on Retribution with 2.3, but some more general changes are being made like lowering the mana cost for Exorcism, Holy Wrath, and Hammer of Wrath. Another Ret change (just to keep the momentum going) will be an increase to the duration of Vengeance to 30 seconds.”
- “Q: comon blue guys give us some teasers! Cursader strike cool down lowered to 6? A: You’re amazing, that’s absolutely correct.”
- “No, it’s about a third. So 1500 +heal would give about +500 +spell damage.”
- “This is correct. It’s actually in addition to the healing and is “free”. It’s not going to reduce the healing bonus on the gear. It’s going to be in addition.”
- “I believe that it was said at BlizzCon that it would be about 1/3 of healing, but that’s not gospel and could change.”