If you don’t already use it, WoW Web Stats is an excellent performance analysis tool. It’s probably the most accurate and detailed out of all the current mods and combat log parsers out there. It doesn’t display information in real time though like DamageMeters or Recount. You have to instead, enable combat logging (/combatlog or something, that will write everything in your CombatLog to a txt file in WoW/logs) and then upload it to the site. If you don’t want to manually toggle it, there are mods that will do it automatically in accordance with what zone you are in. LoggerHead is a good Ace2 mod with said functionality.
Things that I found interesting, based off of a rather small sample size:Â
- I migitate roughtly 25% of all normal incoming damage via block/armor (normal as in not a special attack or spell). Roughly 54% of all damage is avoided.
- In a night’s run, I seem to let a few crushing blows slip by. I’ve noticed that when I engage a boss, I don’t always get Holy Shield up by the time I’m within the mob’s hitbox. I’m not sure if the rest are from spell lag, me not minding my spell rotations, or positioning issues.
- Consecration does roughly 30% of my total damage on a boss fight, followed by Holy Shield at around 20% – 25%. Seal of Whatever comes up third at around 15% to 20%.
- On fast attacking bosses (Halazzi), Holy Shield comes out on top at around 40% of my overall fight damage (it’s uber nice, TPS goes way over 1.5k)
- In my off-tanking gear Lay on Hands crit heals for 25871, lol.