I might compile a ZA guide at some point. Nalorakk is a dual tank fight. He rotates between a troll form and a bear form every 40ish seconds or so; a tank is needed for each form. Nalorakk is tauntable and doesn't deal any Crushing Blows (go wild with odd gearing :P). The encounter is resettable by running down to the base of the stairs.
Tank him at the base of his platform, have everyone else spread out in a semi circle.
- If you are concerned about surge, have someone with a high amount of HP stand slightly further from Nalorakk than everyone else to soak the charge. Honestly though, it doesn't do a whole lot of damage as long as everyone is spread out to avoid splash damage.
- We have both tanks standing on top of each other to divide cleave. However if one tank dodges, the other tank will soak all 14k damage. To make sure this doesn't happen, we had a third raid member standing with us playing Cleave tampon (a healadin).
Mangle: All bleed effects cause 100% additional damage
Surge: Charges someone (pretty sure it is whoever is standing furthest away from him) knocking them back and hurting anyone in the vicinity (around 1.5k on plate 3.5k on cloth)
Brutal Swipe: A cleave (frontal damage) that does 14k damage on plate, divided evenly among up to 2 people.
- He doesn't do a whole lot of damage in troll form, so have your healers conserve mana.
Lacerating Slash: Bleed for 1735 damage every 2 seconds for 18 seconds
Rend Flesh: Bleed for 2335 damage every second for 5 seconds
Deafening Roar: AoE, 2 seconds silence and around 1k damage to everyone (don't know the range).
- He does A LOT of damage in bear form. Keep the bear tank topped off, the AoE silence sucks.
- Whoever is tanking the bear needs to taunt him off of the troll tank ASAP to prevent Mangle + Cleave. If taunt fails for some reason, have a paladin BoP aggro off.
It's pretty much a gear check. Your tanks, the bear tank in particular needs to be well geared as do the healers since this is a pretty healing intensive encounter. So summary: Keep the tanks alive, spread out, make sure that each tank grabs aggro when Nalorakk changes to their assigned form.
- I'm not 100% sure how the cleave mechanics work. Specifically, I'm not sure that the full Cleave amount gets pushed onto one tank if the other dodges/misses/parries.
- Bear tank: save your potions for a double bleed + silence. If you get all three effects, there's a good chance that you will die.